A Little Bit of SingstheRooster.com history:
· 1994 ~ Billy Walker has an inspiration, and the idea of “The Rooster” begins development.
· June 20, 2001~ SingsTheRooster.com went on-line.
· January 2002 ~ First “Clucks” Newsletter sent out
· July 2003 ~ The Babe Chicks were introduced, in honor of Billy & Carol’s 3 grandchildren, (at that time) 2 girls and a boy. A little known fact: Babies have some feature that resembles their daddy. With the Babe Chicks, it's their feet. They have the Rooster's feet.
· May 2009 ~ Billy decides to sell or retire “The Rooster”
· July 2009 Steve and Joan buy "The Rooster" and move the coop to Kentucky.
A Little Bit About Us
Joan and I are the second owners of www.SingstheRooster.com and Rooster Productions, LLC.
We are a dedicated Fourth Day couple, and when we found out that Billy had decided he needed to sell or retire “The Rooster” Joan and I talked and prayed about considering the possibility of buying the business. We knew that if the “Coop” were to close, there would be a great loss of service to all of the Cursillo, related 3-day weekend movements, and the all of 4th day communities.
After much discussion, prayer, and lots of questions of Billy, we decided “The Rooster” would live on, here in Rineyville, KY.
So, in July of 2009, we made a trip to Georgia, loaded up “The Rooster and all of his belongings, and moved “The Coop” to Kentucky.
In the fall of 2002, I attended Men’s South Indiana-Kentucky(INKY) Via de Cristo (VdC) weekend #41 and Joan attended Women’s South INKY VdC weekend #42. We have been very active in the Via de Cristo movement ever since. I was blessed to serve as rector for a INKY VdC co-ed weekend in the Fall of 2008, and Joan served as rector for a INKY VdC co-ed weekend the Fall of 2009. Via de Cristo has helped us walk closer with Christ and become much more aware of His grace and abundant blessings. What an awesome God we serve!
I retired from the Army in 1994 and have worked several jobs since then, but am now fully retired. Joan is employed full-time with the Directorate of Morale, Welfare & Recreation at Fort Knox, KY. We have two children. Our son Jason has 6 children, 5 boys and 1 girl and they live in Murray Kentucky where he works as the Engineering Manager for FarmLogic/TapLogic, LLC. Our daughter Kristina is the CFO at PT Development and has the luxury of working out of her "home" office. She has 1 boy and 1 girl, and they live in Emerald Isle, NC.
…and now you know a little bit about us, our family, and “The Rooster”.
God's peace & blessings to you all,